Veterinary Care During COVID-19
STAGE 4 RESTRICTIONS
Due to the level of COVID-19 infection, Victoria has now been declared a state of disaster and further restrictions are now in place to reduce the number of people leaving their homes and moving around Victoria. Stage 4 restrictions are now in place for metropolitan Melbourne.
Veterinary clinics remain an essential service and are permitted to continue providing services during this lock-down period.
We have stricter STAGE 4 guidelines to follow in order to maintain a safe environment for our team and clients, but continue to work hard to ensure we can continue to provide complete Veterinary care.
We would like to say thank you for your ongoing support, understanding and patience, as we realize that because of all the extra measures, waiting times may be longer than normal. You can however be rest assured that your pet will always receive the same high level of care regardless of the circumstances.
Please also note we are all trying to do our best to help achieve the best outcome for so many pets, and are always striving to provide the best service in a professional, efficient and caring manner. We understand that this may be a stressful period and time of hardships for some of our clients and members of the community but, rude, aggressive or demanding behaviour towards any of our team will not be tolerated! We also appreciate those who have stood up for us and been so supportive when they have been witness to such behaviour.
Key Points relevant to Veterinary care
- Face coverings are now mandatory for all Victorian residents that are 12 years of age and over.
- A curfew is now in place in metropolitan Melbourne and will be in operation from 8pm-5am, with people only allowed to leave their home for four reasons – shopping for necessary goods (which includes animal needs), exercise, care and health care and work. ‘Taking your pet to the Vet’ is listed under ‘health and care.’
- Metropolitan Melbourne residents should avoid traveling further than 5kms from their home. For Veterinary care or collection of supplies from a Veterinary clinic, clients MAY travel further than 5kms.
- In Metropolitan Melbourne, only one person per household should be obtaining services or products with the exception of accompanying dependents (children or at- risk persons).
BOOKINGS AND APPOINTMENTS
- If your pet needs Veterinary attention please phone us for advice and we can make a plan
- Please make sure you are wearing a face mask
- As per government guidelines we request only one owner per pet (with the exception of dependents)
- If you need proof of your pet’s appointment, we can send an email confirming the details.
- If your pet needs Veterinary care and you are unwell, or have been asked to self-quarantine and are not permitted to leave your home, you must let us know when you call – we will find a way to make other arrangements to provide care for your pet.
ON ARRIVAL FOR APPOINTMENTS
In line with the new lock down measures and social distancing recommendations we are currently limited to car park services only.
- On arrival please call to let us know you are here, and remain IN or NEAR your car.
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CONGREGATING NEAR THE RECEPTION DESK WHICH IS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE FRONT DOOR
- PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES
- A Vet or Vet Nurse will come out to your car to collect your pet and obtain some information about how best we can help.
- Your pet will be taken inside for examination and treatment, and returned to you on completion of the appointment.
- To pick up relevant paper work, pick up medication or finalize payment please make your way to the reception desk outside the front door.
- Contactless payment is preferred
- Please note we have to keep a record of all visitors to the hospital as part of the governments contact tracing guidelines. We are obliged to record the name and phone number of all persons accompanying their pet to the Hosptial.
CALL AND COLLECT Medications and Vet supplies
- To Order: Please phone ahead or send us an email to order any required prescription medicine repeats, food, worming or flea control in advance so we can have them ready for collection without the need to wait.
- Confirmation: We will SMS / Email or call you back when your request is ready for collection
- Payment can be made over the phone.
- Collection: When you arrive for collection please park in the click and collect parking spot, closest to the front door, call and let us know you are there, pop the boot and we will bring it out to you.
In the event of the worst-case scenario of a COVID positive case or close contact we may be forced to close for a period of time, as governed by the DHHS.
We are trying to put some plans in place
- so that we may be able to provide limited services
- or at least arrange for our local neighbouring clinics or emergency centres to offer some assistance.
IF WE ARE FORCED TO CLOSE PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE OR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE UP TO DATE INFORMATION.